English Learners (EL)
English Learners at Coe Elementary
Services that Support Multilingual Students
- High quality, research-based EL program models at elementary and secondary schools
- English language development instruction provided by certificated EL teachers and supported by Instructional Assistants
- Support for migrant and refugee students
- Support for students who have exited the EL program
- Translation and interpretation support for multilingual students and families
- Student placement testing during the enrollment process and annual testing
EL Program Models in Neighborhood Schools
- Students are immersed into general education classes with native English speakers and receive support from EL staff.
- During a portion of the day, a certified EL teacher or instructional assistant will provide support.
- EL teachers align their instruction with what is being taught in the general education classroom.